Acrylic on 8”x8” canvas
Copyright 2010 Valerie Jones
Last Wednesday, I shared with you my impromptu purchase of some acrylic paints.
I finished the piece and changed the name from Orange Gerber Daisy to Orange Slush.
Things I learned:
- Never use a brush after drinking too much coffee. It helps the artist create shaky lines.
- To blend the colors smoothly, work wet on wet.
- To paint the sides of the gallery wrap canvas, add a little Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid Medium (Satin). This keeps from streaks appearing after the paint dries.
- You can layer light washes of color going light to dark, just like in colored pencil.
- It’s quick! I didn’t keep track of the hours, but I think it is 5 or less. A colored pencil piece this size would have taken me over 20 hours.
What are things you like about your medium of choice?