Thursday, February 2, 2012

Portrait Drawing Class – Work in Progress #1

Souzi 020212Souzi”, Work in Progress

Copyright 2012, Valerie Jones

 

I am so excited for our Friday drawing class to get here!  We are working on Souzi in graphite.  She looks a little bit like a reverse raccoon at the moment!  But just you wait….She’ll be a beauty before too much longer.

Hmmm….what should we work with next?  I am thinking we will work on the lips and the ear this Friday.

We haven’t put in her eyelashes.  I am going to wait until the end to put those in.  I want the skin tones just right before adding those jewels.  I will also wait until the end to put the little wisps of hair around her head.

For this drawing, we added the hair first.  I usually don’t do that, but her hair is soooo dark.  I didn’t want us taking a lot of important class time adjusting skin tones.  When a person has dark hair, it is easy to go too light on the skin tones in the beginning.

Happy drawing!

No comments: