Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Classical Drawing

Attending class at The Ryder Studio is like reading a good book you can’t put down. It becomes part of who you are. You will not return home the same person. Your heart will ache to go back to the studio to learn more.


Valerie Jones 021212aAlex”, Work in Progress


Copyright 2012, Valerie Jones



I recently attended a workshop taught by Daryl Reimer at the Bartlesville Art Association. Daryl has attended The Ryder Studio for several years. He taught us the same classical method to drawing that Anthony Ryder taught us when I attended the studio last summer. The workshop re-awakened the fire inside me to learn all I can about drawing and painting as the masters did.


In preparation to attending The Ryder Studio again this summer in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I am offering a class this spring teaching the same method. I will give more details about this class in a week or two.


Happy drawing!

No comments: