Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. NIV
Since God created us in his own image, we were made to be creative. Look at nature around us and see God's creative handiwork! Maybe we can't make a tree, but we sure can be inspired by what He created.
We are on a journey through the book, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I agree with Julia 100% when she says, "Creativity is an experience - to my eye, a spiritual experience. It does not matter which way you think of it: creativity leading to spirituality or spirituality leading to creativity."
She has a list of Basic Principles that I'd like to share with you. She recommends reading them once a day and listen for changes in your thought system.
The Artist's Way
by Julia Cameron
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life - including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator's creativity within us and our lives.
- We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
- Creativity is God's given to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
- The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
- As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
- Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward divinity.