Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gerber Daisy

DaisyBackSmall

Graphite Drawing

Copyright 2009 Valerie Jones

Here’s my latest attempt at drawing.  I didn’t keep close track of the hours it took to create.  I’m estimating 5 hours of drawing pleasure.  This was done using graphite pencils and willow charcoal.  I had never used willow charcoal before.  I am pleased with the smooth, rich darks it creates.  Don’t use it until you are done with your drawing though.  It tends to easily smear.

Happy drawing!

5 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Really like the drama of this Valerie!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

It's beautiful Valerie! Doesn't it feel wonderful to get some art time in during the busy-ness of summer?

Valerie Jones said...

Thank you, Rose!

Kasie - Yes, it feels wonderful to get art time in during the busy-ness of summer. I was just thinking this afternoon how good I feel after getting some drawing time in.

Jo Castillo said...

Valerie, this is just beautiful. It looks delicate and fresh.

Valerie Jones said...

Thank you, Jo!