Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Drama in the Arts

PinkGeraniums

Do you create drama in your life when you aren’t doing any artwork?  I know I do.  I get easily irritated over the smallest of things.  Give me 10 or 15 minutes of drawing and the restlessness goes away.  Those few minutes at the drawing board gives me strength to face the day.

It is not irritating to be where one is.  It is only irritating to think one would like to be somewhere else. ~ John Cage

Often we are restless, irritable, and discontent because we are not cherishing the life we have. ~ Julia Cameron

Make a list of things you cherish or are thankful for.  Keep the list limited to ten.  (ex: “I cherish my morning coffee.  I cherish alone time.  I cherish the beauty of flowers.”)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love the thought behind this post and heartily agree! When I'm irritated some time alone whether it's spent walking, knitting, cooking, doing art or just listening to music has a wonderfully calming effect. I think artists in particular know how to quiet the inner core!